Benefits of SCAN membership:
- Monthly field trips to explore different natural areas of South Carolina.
- A subscription to the monthly SCAN newsletter – The newsletter contains detailed information about what flora and fauna observed on the previous field trip, a description of the next field trip (maps, directions, and what to expect in terms of wildlife and terrain).
- The opportunity to attend the SCAN annual meeting – This is our only indoor meeting, featuring speakers on topics of interest to naturalists.
- The opportunity to meet with fellow nature enthusiasts and share information.
- Opportunities to get out and enjoy South Carolina’s wilderness.
Interested in becoming a member?
Membership fees are only $12.00 per calendar year (January 1st to December 31st) for individuals – with an extra $5.00 for each additional member sharing the same newsletter.
If you join after July 1st, you pay just half the regular fee ($6.00 for an individual and $2.50 for each additional member). All fees are due in January.
- Click here for a membership form -> SCAN Membership Application
- Complete the form and mail it along with a check to:
PO Box 5651
Columbia, SC 29250-5651
(You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to open the form.)